Friday, August 28, 2009

First Post!

I don't even know who is going to read this blog, but what the hay, I'll do it anyway :-) It is my new addiction to Etsy.com which has driven me to blog, as evidently its good for business, and, more specifically, MY business: AubergineCat.etsy.com. Check it out.

This whole mess started with my fabulous idea to design/create my own wedding dress while I am unemployed, looking for work, and living in the middle of nowhere (due to my fiance's job here). A couple months and innumerable tangents later I'm barely 25% done with my practice dress and I've made a crazy array of jewelry and am now going to try out making a few dresses, skirts... more tangents :-)

So, what is this blog going to be about? I'm going to make it about everything wearable (with the occasional tangent), including things I make, things that inspire me, and items I covet.

First off, lets start with my good news from today: my treasury made it to the front page of Etsy! For those not familiar with it, a treasury is basically a mix of 12 products picked from etsy sellers that go together either photographically or along the same theme. The administrators at etsy occasionally pick people's collections and post them on the front page for probably about 10 minutes (I haven't measured so I don't know if there is a more precise timing). I'm totally excited that the admins at Etsy like this mix of products as much as I do!

Here it is:


More later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment